Pageant Rules & Regulations
1. The pageant is open to female entrants of any age and boys ages 0-8 years (as of May 1, 2017). Contestant must provide either a copy of his/her birth certificate or driver’s license as proof of age if requested. Categories with fewer than three entries may be combined with closest age group.
2. Contestants must reside in Coryell County or live or work within 25 miles of Copperas Cove and intend to continue to maintain residence in this area for a minimum of one year. (Exception for military members and families with PCS orders.)
3. Contestants in the Pre-Teen, Young, or Teen categories must not be married or pregnant nor have been married (or had a marriage annulled). If a titleholder in any of these categories becomes pregnant or convicted of a crime anytime during her reign, she will be required to relinquish her title and return all gifts and scholarships. If a titleholder in the Miss, Ms. or Sr. Ms. category is convicted of a crime anytime during her reign or becomes pregnant outside of marriage, she will be required to relinquish her title and return all gifts and scholarships. It is expected that contestants in the Miss, Ms. or Sr. Ms. categories may be married and may have children.
4. Contestant agrees if selected as a Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholder at no time will she smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, or partake of illegal substances while wearing her crown and/or banner. A titleholder may not wear her crown and/or banner in public except at appearance opportunities approved by the pageant director.
5. Contestant agrees if selected as a Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholder that any visible body piercing will not be worn while representing the pageant or city in any capacity. However, jewelry appearing in the ear is permitted.
6. Contestant agrees if selected as a Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholder that no tattoos may be visible while representing the pageant or city in any capacity. Tattoos should be covered with clothing or make-up.
7. Contestant agrees if selected as a Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholder, he/she will make a minimum of three appearances per quarter (approximately one per month) for a minimum total of 12 appearances per year and adhere to the dress code required for each appearance. Exceptions must be approved in writing by the pageant director. All prizes will be released to titleholders once appearance requirements are met. The appearances listed below are REQUIRED appearances.
- Participate in the 2017 Rabbit Fest Parade (Saturday morning, May 20, 10 AM).
- Participate in the 2018 pageant rehearsal
- Participate in the Copperas Cove Christmas Parade usually the 1st Saturday in December, 2017, weather pending.
- Participate in the Copperas Cove Veterans Day Parade (November, 2017)
8. Copperas Cove Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholders are required to log their volunteer hours earned through appearances and will be eligible for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award awarded quarterly. Titleholders will compete for the opportunity to reign a second year as the Five Hills Scholarship Pageant Ambassador. Selection is determined by the number of hours accrued in addition to personal accountability.
9. Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholders age 9 and older are required to develop a platform of service during their reigns with the help of the pageant director. Contestant will be asked about her community service platform during the on-stage question portion of the competition based on what is written on the application. This is not difficult! Just determine a cause you are passionate about that you will support if crowned queen.
10. If selected as a Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholder, contestant agrees that he/she may not (from the date of selection) advertise, endorse or in any way infer support for any commercial product or make personal appearances as a representative of the Five Hills Scholarship Pageant without written consent of the pageant director.
The pageant director and the City of Copperas Cove reserve the right to approve all contestants and to determine, without question, their eligibility to participate in the Five Hills Scholarship Pageant.
Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholders may not compete in the same age category which they previously won. Reigning Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titleholders may not compete in the Five Hills Scholarship Pageant while currently holding their Five Hills Scholarship Pageant titles. They may compete the following year after crowning their successors provided they meet the age category requirements.